Sunday, March 29, 2009

Keeping the 'Boys' Cool to Keep the Sperm Healthy

Last cycle, I thought I'd change things up a bit and instead of using the good ol' missionary which I was led to believe was the best for conceiving, I thought I'd give a week of rear entry a try and see if that helped any. It didn't. I'm still not pregnant. I'm getting a bit tired of trying all the different methods to getting pregnant that I have done over the last two years, so I'm going to give myself a break and just do whatever I feel like this month.

But that doesn't mean I've given up trying to fall pregnant, oh no, it's just that this cycle I'm putting the pressure on my man to do all the work. That means that I want him to wear boxer shorts for the two weeks leading up to my ovulation, watch what he eats and avoid hot showers and baths.

I'm not convinced that his sperm is the cause of the problem that we are having, but it won't hurt that he has to have a little discomfort this month instead of me.

Keeping the sperm at a cooler temperature will keep them healthier and stronger and that's got to be a good thing.

Also I've got another gynecologist appointment next month to see what the next steps are. Whether that's fertility drugs, IUI or what I have no idea. I'm keeping an open mind this time. I hope everyone else is having lots of baby luck.

2 comments:

The Pifer's said...

I just found your blog, I will be praying for you sweetie!

Anonymous said...

just wanted to say the man has got to be wearing boxers for min 3 months before in order for the cooling effect to make a difference, this is because sperm take 3 months to maturity.