Saturday, March 21, 2009

Just Relax, It Will Happen ...

What is the one thing you should never say to someone struggling to fall pregnant? Those five little words that make you just want to punch the person in the face?

"JUST RELAX, IT WILL HAPPEN"

I'm on an email list with a few girlfriends that I rarely ever see anymore and very occassionally we'll send a bulk email out announcing some news. Over the past two years or so I've had all the pregnant emails I can handle, and this week one of the girls announces that she is 18 weeks with her third baby. Then proceeded to try and organise that all the 'pregnant' girls in the group should get together and photograph their bellies. Non pregnant friends I'm guessing were not invited. Annoying.

I was getting sick of all the emails so I wrote a simple one back "Congrats on baby #3, still no luck here after 2 years trying".

I thought that would give a subtle hint to quit the baby talk, or at least take it off the main email bulk list which I'm on.

Oh no, instead she proceeds to write back (again to everyone on the email list), that I'm obviously too stressed right now and that I should just relax and then it will happen.

Right, so in all these past two years the only reason that I haven't fallen pregnant is that I'm too stressed? Now why didn't I think of that.

Idiot.

Rant over.

2 comments:

Lyds said...

I know exactly how you feel, it is so annoying when people tell you to relax! I have a similar situation to your bulk email on facebook, sometimes my homepage is filled with exciting news of baby scans, pregnant bellies and new babies! Are you being prescribed any medication yet? I have a laparoscopy tomorrow and waiting to start Clomid so fingers crossed! Keep up your blog, it's great to read about all the things you have tried. We got a free reflexology trial here, didn't work but was enjoyable. Helped me to relax, ha ha!

tatuchick4u2c said...

I soooo hate those words been trying for so long here almost 2 years with the charting and other things that I could think to do and yup still no baby.....people are so insensitive when it comes to this