Friday, January 2, 2009

First Period after a Laparoscopy

Ouch ouch ouch. I'm on Day 2 of my first period after the Lap and all I can say is that this one's a killer!

I distinctly remember the doctor saying that one of the benefits of a Lap is that your periods should be less painful and lighter. Not so .. this one is VERY painful and heavy.

I did a quick search online and apparently this is very common and it does get better (it would want to).

I just can't wait till it's over so I can start doing the baby dance to see if the op helped any. If this doesn't work I'm going to have to look for more ways to get pregnant. Any ideas?

Fingers crossed, I'm off to take some pain relief ..

1 comment:

Ratna said...

Hi there,
I've also had a lap done a week before, and my period is heavier and a little bit more painful than before. The pain is also going on for three days, but it's bearable.