Sunday, August 17, 2008

My Period has gone Haywire?!

Ok, so this post is going to contain WAY TOO MUCH INFORMATION, so those with weak stomachs should turn away now.

You have been warned.

Ok, so here is the deal, this cycle was a bit confusing for me. According to my cervical mucus I should have ovulated around Day 14, however my temps never really rose much after that so I assumed that I had probably not ovulated.

About 4 days ago I started spotting, so I thought AF was on her way, but after 2 days of spotting, I only had one actual day of red flow and now I am back to spotting. I do have cramps so it's like AF wants to start but can't for some reason.

And before you ask, yes I did take a pregnancy test and it was negative so that's not it.

Where did AF go? I usually have 5-7 days of bleeding and rarely have any spotting at all - this time only one day of very light bleeding and lots of spotting.

I also took my temp this morning and it was high, higher that normal if I was having a real menstrual period.

My only thoughts are that perhaps I had a annovulatory cycle and still haven't ovulated yet and that the spotting is just some of my uterine lining breaking down.

I really hope this isn't the start of menopause or anything - I'm way too young (late 30's)!

Anyway, just letting you all know how wacky my cycle has been these last few days - arn't you glad you visited today! ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You may be pregnant--and you may have just tested too early. Try testing again in a few days.

I bled from conception onwards in my first pregnancy.

Did your herbs help shorten your cycles? I'm trying to decide if I should try Vitex or Dong Quai...

Tracey said...

Hi Anon,

The Vitamin B5, Dong Quai/Black Cohosh combo worked best for me - Vitex didn't seem to do anything.

I've only got one test left and I don't want to waste it if I'm not pregnant, but I really don't know what is going on with this period. I've been bleeding (lightly) on and off for about 8 days now which is VERY unusual for me.

I'll see what happens in the next few days to decide if I'm going to take that other preg test.

When did you stop bleeding in your first preg?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the information, Tracy.

I bled up until a few days after my m/c at 6.5 weeks. I hope things work out better for you! Many women bleed in early pregnancy and go on to have normal pregnancies. So if you are pregnant--all the best! It may not be a problem for you.