Thursday, June 5, 2008

Dong Quai, Black Cohash & More!

I didn't realise the amount of great products available at my local natural health pharmacy. I talked to the naturopath about wanting something to balance my hormones and she gave me a great blend of capsules containing lots of beneficial herbs such as Dong Quai, Black Cohash, White Peony and more.

It complements The Infertility Cure book I'm reading really nicely too.

She also recommended that I take liver tablets, as the liver is responsible for regulating hormone function and clearing out excess estrogen etc. Something I hadn't thought of before.

I also found a Wild Yam Cream which is apparently for menopause, but I've heard can help increase progesterone and short luteal phases as well. I'm not supposed to start using that until Day 12 though.

I've also cleaned up my diet and I'm trying to eat much more healthily. No more sugar to mess up my system!

I'll let you all know how it goes.

Tracey

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is Don Quai, Raspberry Leaf, Unicorn Root good to take in the Luteal phase?

Baby dust!

Anonymous said...

Have you tried Vitex after you ovulate? It helps with a short LP.

Tracey said...

Dong Quai and False Unicorn Root are not recommended during the luteal phase (they can't be taken if you are pregnant) but raspberry leaf is fine.

Yes I've tried using Vitex in many different ways - only after ovulation, only before ovulation, throughout my entire cycle. It seems to make no difference at all to me.

Anonymous said...

Im just starting this but im wondering where to start. I have three children from a previous marriage and my youngest is eight. I just turned 30 what would u recommend? b6 &12 ive seen everywhere as well as folic acid.