Friday, February 15, 2008

Not Pregnant - Another Cycle Bites the Dust ..

I was really bummed this time around. I really felt like perhaps this would be my month, but alas my period started last night (actually I knew it was coming because my temperature's took a huge dive over the last two days).

I guess if you want to look at the positives, my ovulation day is getting shorter. This cycle it was day 16 (compared to my longest day 20). Also my luteal phase, while still not great at 10 days is better than my worst month of only 7 days.

This month I've booked in for acupuncture. I've been thinking a lot about acupuncture over the past few weeks and have been doing some research online about it. While there is no guarantee's I guess it won't hurt to try it at least. My first appointment is in 8 days so I will let you know how I go.

I really don't know what else to try if this doesn't work. I'm very reluctant to go to a doctor since last time then immediately booked me into an IVF clinic and for me that is a last resort. I really don't want to do the IVF thing. Luckily I didn't need to use IVF last time, as the 'Pregnancy Drops' helped my fall pregnant with my son, but this time around they didn't work for me.

Maybe acupuncture will do the job - fingers crossed.

4 comments:

Future Mommy said...

Ok, dying to know what you mean about pregnancy drops - PLEASE explain!

Good luck with accupuncture - hope that does it's trick for you!

Melinda said...

Oh bugger Tracey! I'm sorry this wasn't 'the month' for you! ((((((hugs))))))

Melinda said...

It may take a few months for the vitamins to build up to full effectiveness too, I wouldn't despair quite yet! There are a few positives in your last cycle, hopefullly they will continue to improve!

Tracey said...

Hi Melinda,

Yes a few positives - thanks for your good wishes, hope you are having more luck. Just saw on your blog that you are a flylady fan! Love her.

Future Mommy,

'Pregnancy Drops' are a homeopathic tonic available here in Australia. Has things like Dong Quai, Black Cohash, and other herbs beneficial for fertility. Lots of women claim falling pregnant within 2 to 3 cycles on it. Tastes awful though!